Due to technical difficulties, our phone and chat lines are currently unavailable. If you need assistance please submit a support ticket and we will respond within 24 hours. We appreciate your patience.
This Saturday 12/19 from 10am to 2pm EST Turnitin will be unavailable due to a maintenance window. This may disrupt your ability to view feedback for submitted essays/qualitative assignments and your ability to upload and submit.
Please plan accordingly when accessing the site.
Additionally, please note that next week marks the end of year holiday season.
StraighterLine Student Support Holiday Hours: 12/24/2015 9am-2pm 12/25/2015: CLOSED
SMARTHINKING Tutoring Hours/Schedule: Between December 18th at 6 PM ET and January 2nd at 9 AM ET, pre-scheduled tutoring and asynchronous tutoring will be offered. Offline questions, paragraphs, and essays (including assessments) will be accepted. During this time, we will strive to return submissions within 72 hours. Submissions posted on national holidays may be returned in more than 72 hours.
Please do note that customer service will be unavailable from December 24th 8:00 AM through December 28th 8:00 AM ET and again between 1st Jan at 8am through January 4th at 8:00 AM ET.
In honor of Independence Day, please see our adjusted Student Support hours:
- July 3rd: 9am-5pm
- July 4th: Closed
Additionally, SMARTHINKING Tutoring has published the following holiday hour notice:
Between July 3 at 6 PM ET and July 5 at 9 AM ET, asynchronous and pre-scheduled tutoring will be offered. Offline questions, paragraphs, and essays (including assessments) will be accepted. During this time, we will strive to return submissions within 72 hours. Submissions posted on U.S. national holidays may be returned in more than 72 hours.
Please also note that our customer service team will be unavailable on July 4th.
From the whole StraighterLine team, we hope you have a great holiday!
Turnitin services may be unavailable during a scheduled maintenance period on Saturday, March 7, 2015, from 10 AM to 2 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time (see local time: http://go.turnitin.com/e/
Please be advised that you may not be able to submit qualitative assignments (even drafts) during this maintenance window.
To see other future maintinance windows impacting StraighterLine’s student experience please check http://www.thesladvisor.com/events/
Please note: The Moodlerooms Technical Operations team will be performing server maintenance this Saturday, February 21st between regularly scheduled maintenance hours of 11 PM – 2 AM local data center time. During this period you may experience a very brief (< 30 second) interruption in service. After the maintenance has been performed, users will need to re-authenticate into Moodle.
We advise all students not to schedule exams, especially final exams during this time.
Note: from 3am – 6am EST Saturday morning (2/21) VitalSource eTextbooks may also experience intermittent disruption during regular scheduled maintenance.
Please check out our calendar of outages and holidays here for more information: http://www.thesladvisor.com/events/
This Friday the 13th from 11PM EST to 7AM EST Saturday the 14th our eTextbook CourseSmart/VitalSource is upgrading its service.
For any student who has access to an eTextbook, the service will be down/intermittent during that time but once complete student access will be fully operational as normal.
If you’re interested in getting a sneak peek at the change please check out this new tutorial: http://downloads.vitalbook.com/tutorials/publish/index.html?did=straighterline
Interested in keeping tabs on more StraighterLine related holidays, maintenance periods, etc. visit http://www.thesladvisor.com/events/
Access to your StraighterLine account and courses will NOT be available the evening of 1/14 during the hours of 10:00pm and 1:00am EST. We apologize for any inconvenience
Please see below a list of daily closures for the holidays by StraighterLine and our partners.
Wishing you a very happy and safe holiday season this year.
UPDATED FOR NEW YEARS
StraighterLine – course access, etextbooks, non-proctored exams, etc. will be uninterrupted (study hard…but not too hard!)
- 12/29 Moodle Outage starting at 11pm EST
- 12/31 we will close at 4pm EST
- 1/1 closed all day
Smarthinking Tutoring – pre-scheduled tutoring and asynchronous tutoring will be offered.
- 12/31 customer service will be unavailable
- 1/1 customer service will be unavailable
For more information or to see the calendar of closures please visit http://www.thesladvisor.com/events/
Please note these scheduled outages and closures next week around the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Wednesday 11/26 starting at 6PM EST SMARTHINKING will introduce their holiday schedule effective until 9AM EST 11/29. Please also note that Customer Service will be closed during this holiday period and will reopen on Monday December 1st at 8AM ET.
- Thursday 11/27 starting at midnight 3:00 AM EST, the CourseSmart web site will undergo scheduled site maintenance which may last up to 3 hours. During the maintenance, you will not be able to access the CourseSmart web site or your digital course materials online. Plan Ahead – Read eTextbooks offline during site maintenance: Did you know you can read eTextbooks offline anytime, even when the CourseSmart web site isn’t available online? To access your eTextbooks offline during the scheduled website maintenance, just check them out to your offline Bookshelf before November 27.
- Thursday 11/27 starting at 11pm EST, Moodlerooms will be performing database maintenance, there may be a 15-30 minute outage between 11pm EST and 2am EST (11/28).
- Thursday 11/27 is Thanksgiving and StraighterLine will be closed.
- Friday the 28th StraighterLine will be open but with limited hours 9:00am – 5:00pm EST.
Normal business hours will resume thereafter. For additional information please see all scheduled events at http://www.thesladvisor.com/events/
We hope that you have a wonderful and studious holiday,
The StraighterLine Team
We will be performing some planned maintenance on the SL Platform today, November 19, from 11pm-12am Eastern Time. During this time, Straighterline.com will be offline and display branded maintenance pages.
We strive to offer a consistently high uptime and need to perform some updates to ensure a consistent and reliable experience. We also strive to keep maintenance windows to a minimum and schedule them for low-traffic hours.
If you have any questions please contact us.